Professional carpet cleaning does get rid of urine stains in addition to removing - Urine Odours - Harmful Bacteria Furthermore, all methods applied are chemically safe (Green Certified) and performed without risk of further damage to your carpet.
We Love Pets but not the Mess They Leave Behind
A pet can be the pride and joy of a family, sharing memories and bonding as an extended member. While we enjoy their daily company, their odours can start to take root in your home. This is compounded when their waste is released.
While most of these occurrences can be prevented with pet training, accidents can still happen. Pet urine will cause damage to your furnishings and furniture, especially carpets.
Prevention Is Better Than Cure
Before addressing the concerns of removing stains and odours, you should first understand why your pet is urinating on your carpet. These are the 5 common reasons:
- Your pet is too young or too old. Young pets like puppies and kittens are still maturing and thus require potty training. Meanwhile, older pets may have lost control of their bladder.
- If your pet empties its waste on daily walks outside your home, then being trapped in your home for long durations may cause it to lose control.
- Your pet might be sick and would require medical attention.
- A pet, just like humans, can get nervous or stressed out, this can cause a urinal discharge.
- Pets involved in a prior accident could have weakened bowels which causes them to urinate indiscriminately at home.
The Hazards of Urine Stained Carpets
If left untreated, the animals’ urine can enter deep into the fibres of the carpet and the flooring beneath it. Regardless of the material of your walls and floors, pet urine odour can penetrate the surface material and form within the structural framework behind the walls. After the urine enters your furniture and walls, odours will start to be released.
In cases where your family is sensitive to either the odours or the germs, nausea and other related symptoms can be expected. As such, it is not unheard of for families to throw away a piece of furnishing that has a foul odour emitting from it. This course of action could be costly depending on the price of the carpet or the sentimental value attached to it.
Why Urine Stained Carpets Release Odours
Animal urine stains are different as compared to stains caused by food or chemicals. When urine is absorbed into the carpet or floor, it quickly dries. The liquid from the urine evaporates, leaving behind urine crystals. These urine crystals release a heavier pungent smell as compared to its liquid form.
A common mistake made by homeowners is to use heavy doses of water as a cleaning solvent for urine. If you were to flood your carpet with water, the urine crystals will react with the moisture. Consequently, the intensity of the pungent smell increases, stinking up the room.
As seen above, pet urine stains and odours cannot be easily removed. Regular cleaning methods will not be enough to completely remove the stains and odours. Instead, urine stains require the right usage of chemicals and equipment coupled with professional expertise. An inexperienced attempt to remove the urine stains could result in further damage and the amplification of the odour.
What Should I Do When My Pet Has Stained My Floor or Carpet?
If you have discovered a recent stain, you may attempt the following steps to get rid of your pet’s urine:
- Use kitchen towels or tissues to absorb as much of the urine from your carpet or furniture.
- Fill a spray bottle with household ammonia and half a cup of water, spray it on the affected area. This method acts as a temporary urine odour remover.
- Use a spray bottle to release water all over the targeted area
- Spread out sheets of kitchen towels or tissues beneath a heavy object, which is used as a weight. As the weight presses down on the wipes, this action helps the kitchen towels and tissues absorb all of the moisture in the targeted area.
- Lastly, wet any remaining stubborn stains with a solution containing 3% hydrogen peroxide. Do allow the solution to remain on the affected area for at least an hour. Dry and repeat the entire process until the stain fades away If the stains still do not fade, then you will need to engage a professional carpet cleaning company.
Carpet Cleaning – The Chem-Dry Way
If you were to use traditional steam cleaning, your carpet will be saturated with excessive amounts of water, soap and detergent. After which, you will be left with a wet carpet for an extended period. Not only would a wet carpet be inconvenient for your family, but it also provides an ideal environment for the breeding of mold, mildew and bacteria.
In contrast, Chem-Dry’s urine stain remover process uses a unique hot carbonating extraction system that offers a deeper, faster and healthier carpet cleaning experience. We employ millions of microscopic bubbles to expel dirt from deep within your carpet fibres. This allows us to reduce the amount of water used in the process. Once the dirt has been lifted from the fibres, high powered equipment is used to extract all dirt and moisture from the surface.
Trust Chem-Dry To Effectively Remove Carpet Stains
Chem-Dry is a carpet cleaning specialist with over 40 years of experience offering quality carpet cleaning services in Singapore. Our extraction system offers a faster & deeper dry carpet cleaning experience, superior to that of normal carpet steam cleaning. We use the right cleaning solution in our carpet shampoo to ensure that your carpet dries up quickly and is free of bacteria, thereby reducing the risk of mould and mildew growth. Enquire about our urine odour remover services today.
In contrast, Chem-Dry’s urine stain remover process uses a unique hot carbonating extraction system that offers a deeper, faster and healthier carpet cleaning experience. We employ millions of microscopic bubbles to expel dirt from deep within your carpet fibers. This allows us to reduce the amount of water used in the process. Once the dirt has been lifted from the fibers, high powered equipment is used to extract all dirt and moisture from the surface.